Friday, November 6, 2009

How do I make Yahoo my default email instead of Windows mail?

When I right click on a page so I can email it, I click on email this page, and it automatically goes to Windows mail. I used to have Yahoo set as the default, but I had to reinstall my operating system, and now I can't remember how I set Y as my default!

How do I make Yahoo my default email instead of Windows mail?
How can I make Yahoo! Mail my default email application?





Here’s how to set your PC, running either Internet Explorer or Firefox, to open your Yahoo! Mail Compose window when you click an email link on a web page.





We’re sorry there’s not an official version for the Mac - yet.





PC -- Internet Explorer or Firefox





1. From the “Start” pop-up menu in the lower left corner of your desktop, select “Settings” ▶ “Control Panel”.





2. In the Control Panel, select “Internet Options”. This opens the “Internet Properties” window.





3. Click the “Programs” tab along the top.





4. Click the “E-mail” pull-down menu, and select Yahoo! Mail*





Click OK.





*Are you not seeing Yahoo! Mail in your list of email programs? Download Yahoo! Messenger. It’s easy, it’s quick, and it puts Yahoo! Mail in your email application list.





Which browsers does Yahoo! Mail support?





Yahoo! Mail supports:





· IE 6.0 and newer





· Firefox 1.0 and newer





· Safari 2.0 and newer





Operating Systems Supported





· Windows 2000, XP, Vista or later





· Mac OSX or later

surveys

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


yahoo email problem © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting